If you’ve been enjoying the Thirsty Critters blog so far (and we hope you have!) then you might want to check out some other ‘beer blogs’, from Brisbane & beyond.
Brisbane is very lucky to be home to one of Australia’s foremost beer experts, Matt Kirkegaard. Until recently he was editor of Beer & Brewer, a print publication you can pick up at your local newsagent. Matt’s knowledge of beer and the Australian beer industry is encyclopaedic, and he quite obviously has a major passion for the golden amber. You can follow his adventures in beer at his fantastic blog, BeerMatt. It’s updated on a very frequent basis so there’s never a dull moment!
There’s also another Brisbane-based beer blog, not quite as professional as Matt’s but a good read nonetheless. The Brisbane Beer Review is run by two likely lads down at Cru Cellars, who stock a pretty decent range of beer, some of which I’ve never seen anywhere else in Brisbane (see our Brisbane Beer Secrets guide). Their most recent review is of four different eras of Cooper’s Vintage. Mosey on over and have a read.
Further afield, there’s some more great Australian beer blogs just a click away. In my bookmark list are:
- Beer Cartel Blog – fantastic, frequently updated blog from the guys behind the Beer Cartel store in M
- Hoppsy – a blog from the guys at the Intown Network , a group of web guides devoted to travel and technology and now beer!
- James Squire Brewing Blog – excellent blog from one of Australia’s greatest brewers
- Mountain Goat blog – direct from the MG Brewery, Melbourne
- Slow Beer – from the guys behind the Slow Beer specialty beer retailer in Melbourne
- Stone & Wood blog – Byron Bay’s own boutique brewery
- The Local Taphouse beer blog – from Australia’s two best beer bars in Darlinghurst & St Kilda
Update: Thanks to Worthog who pointed out two more great blogs for us to visit:
- Beer Blokes – updated daily, great content from two homebrewers with a huge passion for beer
- The Beer Diary – “a collection of beer and ranting” from Tim
Update 2: Thanks to Chris McNamara for getting in touch with details of his awesome little beer blog:
- All Ale The Big V – Chris’ take on the world of all things beer
Update 3 (7/11): And it seems there’s another Brisbane beer blogger in town!
- We have come for your Women and Children – From Jonno in Brisbane
Update 4 (10/11): Over in WA our day tour compatriots The Brewer’s Dray run their own blog:
- The Brewer’s Dray – Perth microbrewery tours, passionate about beer just like us!
Have I missed any other Aussie beer blogs? Then do let me know! And be sure to check out all the great blogs above